Skin-Glossymeter GL 200
Measuring Gloss on Skin, Lips and Hair by Skin-Glossymeter GL200
Measurement is essential in the efficacy testing of skin care, hair care and makeup products (lipsticks, make-up, etc.). Skin and hair are supposed to look shiny and glossy but no oily appearance.
By our Skin-Glossymeter GL200, you are able to measure the gloss of skin directly and quickly while thanks to unique Diffuse Scattering Correction (DSC) technique, the color of skin has the minimum effect on the results. No other gloss measurement method offers such a function.
What is DSC in Skin Glossymeter- GL200?
Diffuse Scattering Correction or DSC: Skin varies in structure and brightness and in color as well. On the skin some parts of the light will penetrate into the upper layers and will get scattered depending mainly on the skin color (dark skin scatters less then light skin). To obtain a gloss valuemostly free from the influence of skin color, the diffuse light entering the gloss channel is deducted by a special formula.
Where to use:
- There are many applications in R&D sections of cosmetic and makeup industry where is gloss is of concern or interest.
- For formulation, claim support and efficacy testing of skin care, hair care and decorative cosmetics (lipsticks, make-up etc.).
- Evaluation of skin shine reducing or skin radiance enhancing products in facial care.
Quick fact Skin-Glossymeter GL 200
- The probe Skin-Glossymeter GL 200 is very light and easy handling thanks to its unique design.
- Quick measuring time (1s)
- Continuous measurementsover a longer time period can optionally be performed.
- Constant pressure on the site (skin) is achieved by the spring in the probe head. It causes similar and reproducible measurements.
- The accuracyof the Skin-Glossymeter GL 200 probe can be checked easily anytime by check calibration cap.
- Specifically designed for skin but applications like measurements on lips, hair, teeth and other materials are also easily possible
- Thanks to special hair clip, it can measure the gloss directly on the hair easily and conveniently.
- The probe head can easily be cleaned after each measurement.
- The Skin-Colorimeter GL 200 probe is available as a stand-alone device MDD or connectable to the MPA systems or as a wireless probe.
GL200 MPA CT+ Software