Assessing Melanin Content and Erythema Level of skin
Mexameter® MX 18 is a quick and easy tool for measuring, through reflectance spectrophotometry, the two main components of skin color: melanin and hemoglobin (erythema).
The instrument is worldwide established and used in many scientific studies(Ask for list of studies…) .
Where to use:
- There are many fields of application where changes in the skin color are of interest.
- Many international scientific studies demonstrate its benefits in all important dermatological basic research and cosmetic application fields.
- It is indispensable in efficacy testing and claim support for cosmetics and pharmaceuticals (especially sunscreen and skin whitening products, skin soothing)
- In occupational health the skin irritation (erythema value) is of special interest to show the necessity of skin protection measures.
Quick fact Mexameter® MX18
- Very quick and easy measurement (1 second for the two results: melanin index and erythema index)
- Values displayed on a broad scale (0-999) for melanin and erythema so that even smallest changes in colour become traceable
- Simple check calibration for accuracy check at any time
- Minimum pressure effect thanks to internal spring so reproducible measurements.
- TheMexameter® MX18 probe is available as a stand-alone device MDD or connectable to the MPA systems or as a wireless probe.